Your home’s electrical panel supplies power to all of your major appliances and devices so you can perform daily tasks with ease. If your electrical system starts to fail, contact the friendly electricians at Eanes. Our certified electricians specialize in electrical panel installation, repair, and replacement services.
We’ll perform the necessary upgrades to restore control over your home’s most important electric systems and keep you safe from fire hazards. Give us a call today to schedule an electrical service throughout the greater Greensboro area and the Piedmont Triad.
Why You Should Upgrade Your Electrical Panel
An electrical panel, also called a breaker panel, controls all of your home’s electric devices. Electrical wiring and circuit breakers connect the panel to important systems and appliances, including:
- Light switches
- Water heater
- Ceiling fans
- Television and Internet cables
- Heating and cooling system
Breaker panels can last for several decades but will naturally wear over time. It’s crucial to keep up with regular maintenance to avoid needing electrical panel repairs and keep your system working properly. Failing to maintain this essential piece of equipment can put you at risk of electrical fires and damage to your wiring.
Keep an eye out for common issues like flickering lights or frequent breaker trips. You’ll likely need a new electrical panel installation earlier than expected if you don’t maintain your electrical system. Have an expert periodically inspect the system and repair minor damage before the problem escalates and requires a total upgrade.
At Eanes Heating & Air Conditioning, we have the right tools and techniques to maintain your panel so that all your fixtures work as they should. We offer same-day electrical services so that you don’t have to worry about electrical safety hazards like an overheating panel.
Signs It’s Time for Electrical Panel Upgrades
How can you tell when you’re due for a new electrical panel installation? Give our electricians a call when you experience any of the following warning signs that call for electrical panel repairs or replacement:
- Rusty, corroded panel: Rust can form on your breaker panel when the equipment comes in contact with water. If you notice any visible rust or corrosion on your breaker panel, contact our team and schedule electrical panel upgrades immediately to mitigate the water damage. Otherwise, the panel will continue to corrode and make your electrical system less reliable.
- Frequent power outages: You may not consider power outages an issue if you have a whole-house generator to provide backup power. However, frequently losing power is a telltale sign that your electrical panel is nearing the end of its lifespan. Schedule a professional electrical inspection with our experts to determine if your panel is due for replacement, and we’ll install a brand-new box that won’t trip circuit breakers.
- Flickering lights in your home: If the power doesn’t go out entirely, a failing panel can cause the lights to flicker throughout your house. It’s common for older homes with an outdated panel to experience flickering lights when a larger appliance or device turns on. The older panel can’t accommodate all of the devices inside the house and, therefore, requires you to replace it with one that can handle the electric demands.
- Burning smell coming from the panel: Don’t hesitate to call a professional electrician if you notice a burning smell wafting from the breaker box. One of the circuit breakers could be overheating and cause the surrounding wires to melt. Strange odors coming from the panel indicate a high risk of electrical fire if you don’t perform immediate electrical panel upgrades.
- The panel is hot to the touch: Along with burning smells, a panel that is warm to the touch is likely overheating. This is not normal since panels trip circuit breakers at the first sign of overheating. A hot panel isn’t preventing the overheating and could lead to an electrical fire.
Attempting to repair or replace an electrical panel without the proper qualifications or experience can have dire consequences. You risk injuring yourself, causing further damage to the system, or ending up with an electrical setup that isn’t compliant with local codes. You should always have a licensed electrician perform panel repairs or upgrades for optimum safety and long-lasting results.
If you need to schedule an electrical panel installation, reach out to our qualified specialists. We respond quickly and will inspect all of the damage to your current system. Trust our team to safely replace the worn-out panel with a new model that will accommodate your home for years to come.
Electrical Panel Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Should an Electrical Panel Be Replaced?
Electrical panels need replacing every 30 years on average. They may need replacing sooner if they don’t have the amperage to accommodate all of your devices or if the standards from the National Electric Code change.
What’s the Difference Between an Electrical Panel and a Fuse Box?
The difference between an electrical panel and a fuse box is that when a circuit loses electricity, you need to flip the breaker switch back on inside the panel. A fuse box houses individual fuses that will need replacing when they experience a voltage overload.
How Much Does It Cost to Replace an Electrical Panel?
The cost of electrical panel installation varies. Costs will differ depending on the home’s layout, electricity usage, and location of the breaker panel.
Electrical Panel Repairs and Upgrades in the Piedmont Triad Area
Whether you need electrical panel installation or repairs, you can count on the experts at Eanes Heating & Air Conditioning for the job. Our electricians provide basic services that help you maintain power inside your North Carolina home, including sub-panel installation and wiring services. Don’t let a faulty electrical panel keep you from your normal routine.
Let Eanes Heating & Air Conditioning treat your electrical system and restore your comfort with our trustworthy and affordable electrical panel installation services. Schedule an inspection by using our online booking tool or calling (336) 537-5218.
Schedule online for fast, reliable electrical services!