Why HVAC Maintenance Matters
Your HVAC system carries out two primary functions:
- Keeps the indoor temperature comfortable
- Keeps the air free from harmful contaminants—including dust, pollen, and airborne viruses
HVAC systems improve indoor air quality by removing airborne contaminants, and they keep you comfortable throughout the year by cooling you down during hot months and warming you up during cold months. Unfortunately, debris build-up and lack of maintenance cause an HVAC system to either wear down or break down prematurely.
If you want your HVAC system to run reliably and efficiently for years down the road, you have to take care of it. Routine HVAC maintenance and service checks ensure reliable, efficient heating and cooling in your home year-round. Keep reading to learn about the benefits of routine HVAC maintenance, how often it should occur, and what steps to take.
Benefits of HVAC Maintenance
Besides providing whole-home comfort and keeping the air clean, routine HVAC maintenance comes with a few other benefits.
- Lower monthly energy bills
- Save money on part repairs and replacements
- Improved household safety
- Longer-lasting unit
- Greater peace of mind
Never forget that it’s easier and cheaper to maintain your HVAC system than it is to replace it with a new unit.
When Should I Perform HVAC Maintenance?
Now that you understand the importance of routine HVAC maintenance, you might be wondering how often it should take place. The professionals at Eanes Heating & Air Conditioning recommend performing maintenance checks at least twice a year—at the beginning of each heating and cooling season. Your system runs most frequently during these two times each year.
When performing maintenance checks, pay attention to individual parts. Here are several parts you should pay particular attention to.
- Clean or replace air filters
- Clear space around the outside unit
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Clean the gas valve
- Clean the evaporator and condenser coils
- Check the electrical wiring
- Clean the ductwork
- Check for gas leaks
- Apply lubricant to each internal part
- Check the fan belt
Excellence in Whole-Home HVAC Service
If you’re searching for HVAC maintenance near you, call on the experts at Eanes Heating & Air Conditioning. This locally-owned and operated company has been the trusted HVAC service provider in Greensboro, High Point, and Winston-Salem, North Carolina, for over 50 years. Since customer satisfaction is our top priority, our technicians go above and beyond to provide reliable, whole-home comfort that gives our customers peace of mind.
Premium Maintenance Options
When you choose Eanes Heating & Air Conditioning as your go-to HVAC maintenance provider, you’re choosing premium household comfort for the whole family. Check out two of our premium maintenance packages.
- Twice-a-year maintenance visits
- Assurance that your system operates properly year-round
Eanes Service Plan
- Automatically scheduled, complete HVAC maintenance
- Exceptional HVAC maintenance
- Priority service
- Lower parts and services costs